Blanket Travel Authorizations
From Appalachian State University Policy Manual
1.1 This policy is applicable to any blanket travel authorizations submitted for employees of Appalachian State University.
2.1 This policy applies to all University employees (faculty, staff, student employees, non-student temporary employees) who are travelling on behalf of the University.
3.1 Blanket Authorization
- a blanket travel authorization authorizes travel during a defined time period to cover general geographic areas and general business purposes. These blanket authorizations may be used for in-state or out-of- state travel.
4 Policy and Procedure Statements
4.1 Blanket Authorizations
4.1.1 Blanket Authorizations should be made available only to employees whose primary job duties require travel on a regular or continuous basis (i.e. every week or every month). All blanket travel authorizations must be for a single individual. Blanket travel authorizations cannot be utilized for entire Departments or units. Blanket Authorizations must be re-authorized with the Controller’s Office at the beginning of each fiscal year (July 1) and include documentation of the business need for a Blanket Authorization.
4.2 Restrictions on Use
4.2.1 Restrictions on Use: Blanket travel authorizations may not be used in the following circumstances:
- Any travel where the individual has requested an advance
- Any international travel (outside of the United States)
- Travel by chartered aircraft
For any travel that falls within one of the categories above the individual must submit a trip authorization form showing the destination and other additional information necessary for approval.
5 Additional References
7 Contact Information
- Controller’s Office 828-262-2110
8 Original Effective Date
9 Revision Dates
- May 31, 2016