University Postal Service
From Appalachian State University Policy Manual
4 Policy and Procedure Statements
4.1 General Information
4.1.1 The University Postal Service is a service organization to the University community. Its operation is a function of the Administrative Support Services in the area of University Business Affairs.
4.2 Post Office Manager Responsibilities
4.2.1 The Post Office Manager has overall administrative responsibilities for the daily operation of the Postal Service. Specific duties include:
- Interpreting and applying both Federal and University rules and regulations as they apply to the daily operation of the Postal Service.
- Recruiting, selecting, and training all postal personnel.
- Developing and implementing policies related to the daily postal operation.
- Serving as liaison between the University and Federal Postal Service.
4.3.1 The Postal Service's primary goal is to provide complete mail service to the University through the following activities:
- Provides interoffice or campus mail service to all departments on campus.
- Receives all United States Post Office mail for the University.
- Meters and dispatches all outgoing U.S. Mail for the University.
- Receives and dispatches U.S. Mail for campus students and organizations.
- Receives and dispatches State Courier mail for all departments.
4.4.1 It is the intent of the Postal Service Section in this manual to acquaint University departments with services offered by this department as well as discuss ways in which departments can assist the Postal Service in meeting its responsibilities to the University community.
4.5.1 The Postal Service is located on the first floor of the Miles Annas Student Services Building on East Howard Street.
4.6.1 Any questions pertaining to the Postal Service or its responsibilities will be answered by the Post Office Manager or the Postal Supervisor at 262-2242, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.