Purchases from University Facilities
From Appalachian State University Policy Manual
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Scope
- 3 Definitions
- 4 Policy and Procedure Statements
- 5 Additional References
- 6 Authority
- 7 Contact Information
- 8 Original Effective Date
- 9 Revision Dates
4 Policy and Procedure Statements
4.1 Central Warehouse Purchases
All purchases of supplies and equipment from the Central Warehouse are requested by completing a warehouse requisition. For more specific information about what is available and how to obtain items from the Central Warehouse, refer to the Central Warehouse section in this manual.
Departments are required to purchase stock items from the Central Warehouse in lieu of seeking item(s) on the open market.
4.1.1 Purchasing Items from the Central Warehouse
184.108.40.206 Procedure References - Refer to Policy Statement 1, Warehouse Stock Items , for additional information.
220.127.116.11 Procedure Description - Departments may purchase items listed in the Central Warehouse Catalog by completing a Warehouse Requisition form. Only supplies or equipment should be ordered on a single form. If both supplies and equipment are desired, please complete two separate forms.
- Invoice Copy (original)
- Warehouse Copy
- Dean's Verification Copy
- Originator Copy
18.104.22.168 Warehouse Requisition forms may be obtained from the Central Warehouse.
22.214.171.124 Items purchased from the Central Warehouse are delivered to the departments by Warehouse personnel. Departments are then billed at the end of each month through the intracampus Auxiliary Billing System.
126.96.36.199 Procedure Steps
- Consult the University Central Warehouse Catalog for the item(s) desired.
- Complete a Warehouse Requisition form indicating the following information in the labeled blocks:
Date : Date of preparation.
Address (Building) : Building name of office location.
Signature : Signature of the individual authorized to expend funds for the requisition.
Quantity Ordered : The number of each item desired.
Order Unit; Catalog Number; Item - Description : Complete information as listed in the Warehouse Catalog.
Unit Price; Total Price : To be completed by the Warehouse.
Date Shipped : To be completed by the Warehouse manager when the order is issued.
Account Number : The budget account number of the account to be charged for this purchase as listed in the University Chart of Accounts.
- Have department head sign prepared log sheet.
- Send or deliver the top three copies of the warehouse requisition to the Central Warehouse. The fourth, "Originator," copy should be retained for the office file.
- The Central Warehouse will fill and deliver the order:
188.8.131.52 Items not in stock will be marked off the requisition form.
184.108.40.206 A copy of the requisition will be included with order.
220.127.116.11 Warehouse personnel will list the unit price and extend the totals on two copies of the warehouse requisition and send the corrected copy to the department by campus mail. When goods are delivered, verify that you are receiving what was ordered and sign the log sheet. A new requisition should be prepared after ten days for items not received.
18.104.22.168 Departmental sales are accumulated during the month and the totals are transmitted to the Controller's Office for payment.
22.214.171.124 If questions or problems arise concerning supplies or materials received through warehouse requisitions, contact the Warehouse personnel immediately at 262-3160.
4.2 Printing Purchases
4.2.1 All requests for printing from the University Printing and Publications are made by completing a procurement request as described in the printing section of this manual. In addition, all printing requirements that will be printed off campus must be coordinated through the Director of Publications in the Department of Technology.
4.3 Purchases from Physical Plant Departments
4.3.1 All requests for services from the Physical Plant are made by completing and submitting a Request for Physical Plant Services to the Physical Plant Cost Control Center as descri bed in the Physical Plant section of this manual.
4.4 Purchases from the University Bookstore
4.4.1 Procurement Request
126.96.36.199 All purchases by departments from the University Bookstore are processed on a three part procurement request. The procurement request should include a description of the items to be purchased, the appropriate twelve digit budget code and an authorized signature. The request is then routed through the Controller's Office for budget approval. The procurement request should be presented to the Bookstore cashier at the point of sale. Small purchases may be made through the Central Petty Disbursing Fund, if not available on State Contract or from the Central Warehouse.
4.4.2 Procedure Description
188.8.131.52 All purchases at the Bookstore that will be charged to a University department must follow the procedures outlined below:
- Complete a three part University procurement request which should include a description of the items to be purchased, the appropriate twelve digit budget code and an authorized signature.
- All request for computer equipment and supplies must be routed through the University Controllers Office for budget approval.
- Requests for non computer equipment and supplies costing less than $1500.00 may be taken directly to the Bookstore Cashier at the point of sale.
- The approved procurement request should be presented to the Bookstore cashier at the point of sale. The purchaser will retain one part of the procurement request and receive one copy of the Bookstore charge ticket for departmental records. The remaining two parts of the procurement request and charge ticket will be retained by the Bookstore and used to charge your account.
4.5 Purchases from other University Departments
4.5.1 The general situation where one department provides a service to another and must be reimbursed requires the use of the intra campus Auxiliary Billing System. The department providing the service will complete a University invoice and send copies to the department receiving the service and to the Controller's Office which will transfer funds to pay for the services provided.