Borrowing Computer Equipment
From Appalachian State University Policy Manual
You may copy this page's source to start a new policy page. Be sure to remove or overwrite the examples. Second level headings should NOT be altered.
4 Policy and Procedure Statements
4.1 Authorized Personnel
The University will allow faculty and staff to borrow personal computers and related equipment in order to fulfill their responsibility to the University.
The equipment can be borrowed only upon the written authorization of the Chairperson, or the department head of the department from which the equipment is being borrowed. An "Equipment Check-out Permission Form" may be obtained from the Warehouse.
4.2 Procedures for Borrowing Computer Equipment
All computer equipment that is borrowed by a faculty or staff member must be recorded on an equipment check-out permission form. The form can be requisitioned from the warehouse. The form must be completed with the appropriate signatures and distributed properly.
Steps to complete the Equipment Check-out Form:
- Department name.
- The Fixed Asset System property identification tag number.
- The equipment description including the make, model, and serial number.
- Purpose for off-campus use - a brief explanation describing which project/grant etc. for which the equipment will be used.
- Duration of authorization - the dates the equipment is expected to be used.
- Read the certification carefully, sign and date.
- The Department Chairperson or department head should sign the form giving authorization to the borrower for the loan of the equipment.
- Distribute the appropriate copies when the equipment is borrowed.
- When the equipment is returned, identify the equipment and have the Department Chairperson sign the form.
- Distribute the copies
It is the responsibility of the lending department to maintain a record of the equipment which has been loaned to a faculty or staff member. Students are not permitted to borrow computer equipment.
The University auditors and the State auditors will expect each department to provide copies of authorizations for any equipment which has been loaned and not returned. The borrower may be asked to temporarily return the equipment for verification.
5 Additional References
References See also PURCHASING Procedure Statement 7.
7 Contact Information
8 Effective Date
9 Revision Dates
Last modified 04/08/2011 08:55:49 AM by Matt McNaney