Difference between revisions of "Campus Dining"
From Appalachian State University Policy Manual
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
=== Campus Cash ===
=== Campus Cash ===
Campus cash is available to all Appalachian students, faculty, and staff. Campus Cash is a reloadable
Campus cash is available to all Appalachian students, faculty, and staff. Campus Cash is a reloadable declining balance account paid either at the time of loading the funds or through payroll deduction. Only full-time employees are eligible for the payroll deduction.
=== Refunds ===
=== Refunds ===
Revision as of 13:43, 28 March 2022
Policy 505 (formerly Food Services)
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Scope
- 3 Definitions
- 4 Policy and Procedure Statements
- 5 Additional References
- 6 Authority
- 7 Contact Information
- 8 Original Effective Date
- 9 Revision Dates
1.1 Campus Dining has the responsibility of providing residential board programs and retail food service on Appalachian property. Restaurateurs, departments, and individuals may not provide retail food service on Appalachian property, unless given permission by Campus Dining as expressed in this policy.
2.1 This policy governs: (a) the sale and usage of meal plans for students at Appalachian; (b) all retail food distribution, and food sales on Appalachian property, including services provided by third parties, and (c) all refunds of food or meal plan sales.
3.1 Campus Cash
- A declining balance dollar amount purchased in advance or via payroll deduction (full time faculty and staff only) that allows the purchaser to make a variety of purchases on campus including food and merchandise.
3.2 Dining Dollars
- A declining balance dollar amount purchased in advance or via payroll deduction (full time faculty and staff only) that allows the purchaser to make dining purchases on campus.
3.3 Campus Dining
- A unit within Campus Services that provides food and beverage service, including all eat-in dining venues, convenience markets, coffee shops, and App Bakery.
3.4 Meal Plan(s)
- A meal plan is a pre-paid account for purchasing meals at Campus Dining locations.
4 Policy and Procedure Statements
4.1 On-Campus Food
- 4.1.1 The preparation and sale of food and beverages in and around campus facilities is reserved exclusively to Campus Dining.
- 4.1.2 No club, organization, department, or University group may conduct food or beverage sales on campus, including fund-raising, without pre-approval from University Catering.
- 4.1.3 Individual purchases of food paid for with non-University funds and delivered from outside vendors to a residence or office is not governed by this policy.
4.2 Meal Plans
- 4.2.1 A meal plan purchase is required for all students living in an Appalachian residence hall, except for those students living in on-campus apartments with kitchens. Additionally, all Appalachian students not living in residence halls, faculty or staff have the option of purchasing a meal plan.
- 4.2.2 Meal Plans may be used to purchase food and beverage items at dining halls, markets, and vending machines. Non-food items are not eligible for purchase with a meal plan.
- 4.2.3 Campus Dining is responsible for developing procedures and guidelines pertaining to funds that are not exhausted each year by students, faculty, and staff connected to a Meal Plan, including the forfeiture of such funds to the University if not used by a designated time.
4.3 Campus Cash
Campus cash is available to all Appalachian students, faculty, and staff. Campus Cash is a non-transferable, reloadable declining balance account paid either at the time of loading the funds or through payroll deduction. Only full-time employees are eligible for the payroll deduction.
- 4.4.1 Meal plan refunds are made only if a student, faculty, or staff member officially withdraws or separates from the University.
- 4.4.2 Meal Plan funds will only be refunded for the semester that the withdrawal or separation occurred. Meal Plan funds will only be refunded for the semester that the withdrawal or separation occurred. Any funds that were rolled over from a previous semester will not be eligible for reimbursement.
- 4.4.3 Campus Cash rolls over each semester on student, faculty, and staff accounts. Upon withdrawal or separation from the University, Campus Cash balances are refundable minus a service fee.
Campus Dining offers a full line of catering services through App Catering. App Catering has the responsibility for developing procedures for the provision of Catering services for the Appalachian community.
4.6 Right of First Refusal
- 4.6.1 A Right of First Refusal form must be completed for all catered events or activities held on Appalachian property that are hosted or administered for university-sponsored functions or that use university managed funds.
- 4.6.2 If App Catering is available and able to provide the Food Services requested, the event or organization must use App Catering. Exceptions may be granted by App Catering, including but not limited to culture-specific Food Service events where App Catering cannot provide the food items or App Catering is booked for other events.
4.7 Policy Implementation and Compliance
- 4.7.1 The Chancellor has delegated authority and oversight for the administration and implementation of this policy to the Vice Chancellor of Business Affairs, including the process and mechanism for enforcement and sanctions. The Director of Campus Dining will be responsible for the development and management of University procedures consistent with this policy with oversight from the Vice Chancellor of Business Affairs.
- 4.7.2 Administration of this policy shall be consistent with federal and state law and regulations, UNC System policies, and policies of the University. Any food purchased using University funds must conform to North Carolina State Purchasing and Contract guidelines.
5 Additional References
7 Contact Information
- Campus Dining (828-262-3061)
- App Card Office (828-262-6141)
8 Original Effective Date
February 8, 2021